Sunday, October 14, 2012

Apple Crisp

I've made a few apple crisps in my time, so I finally decided to create my own recipe and make it way better...
Basically pretty simple, I just use honey instead of sugar.

-3 cups of apples (sliced thin)
-2 cups of granola
-1/2 cup of butter
-2 tablespoons of cinnamon
-2 tablespoons of honey
-1/2 tablespoon of flour

Preheat oven to 375°. In an oven friendly medium size frying pan on low heat, melt 1/4 cup of butter. Mix in granola and flour. Let cook for 5 minutes or until the granola is toasted. Put granola into a bowl and set aside. Melt the remaining butter in pan with the honey. Add the apples, flour, and cinnamon and let cook on med for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Dump the granola on top and put it in the oven for 10-15 minutes. If you prefer the granola super crunchy,  cook it longer(duh..).

Serve warm with french vanilla ice cream. No exceptions......

No comments:

Post a Comment