Thursday, October 11, 2012

Beefy Cheesey Mac

Not my recipe- a recipe from my wonderful Mommy.

I'm working on translating my recipes from "a bunch of this and a handful of this and just a whole thing of this" to "a cup of this, a tablespoon of that..."
I'm a firm believer that recipes should be changed and altered to what you like. Most of my recipes are taken from someone else and changed to what I (or my husband) like. If you don't like a type of cheese, or the texture, change it!

What you'll need:

- a jar of marinara sauce
- 4 cups of macaroni or penne
- 3 cups of your favorite cheese
-1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb of ground beef

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°
Brown ground beef in a large sauce pan. Boil about 6 cups of water, stir in pasta. Boil for 8-11 minutes, drain.  Mix pasta, 2 cups of cheese, ground beef, and marinara sauce in large bowl. Put mixture into 9x13 pan. Spread the remaining cup of cheese(including parmesan)on top of pasta mixture. Cook for half an hour, then let sit at least 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!

CHEESE: I usually use cheddar and mozzarella cheese- freshly grated is best. Use whatever cheese you prefer- and use as much as you like!

Usually, I'd serve garlic bread and a salad on the side. My husband won't touch the salad(go figure). This is a high calorie meal, and it freezes really well!

2 comments: